I call this my accident chili because I tried to find a great chili recipe and couldn't, so I just started adding things and by accident it was great. If you are looking for a sweet or spicy recipe this is not it. This is just a traditional good recipe.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can canned vegetable juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- garlic powder to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and cook the onion until tender. Drain grease.
In a pot, mix the beef and onion, beans, vegetable juice, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and tomatoes. Season with salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.