This is a very good pasta for family get togethers. Vegetables of every color are tossed with bowtie pasta and chicken. It can be served hot, cold, or room temp.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow squash, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic for 2 minutes, then stir in chicken, and cook until no longer pink, and juices run clear. Remove from skillet, and set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Saute red onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper and yellow squash until tender.
In a large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, pepper mixture, basil and balsamic vinegar. Toss until evenly distributed.