Perfect for the holidays, this spicy pumpkin pie can be prepared in 30 minutes, and then needs a few hours to chill.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (6 ounce) reduced fat graham cracker crust
SPRINKLE gelatin over water in a medium saucepan. Let stand 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves. Stir in pumpkin, 1/4 cup whipping cream and next 6 ingredients.
COOK over medium heat, stirring constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture thickens and reaches 170 degrees. Pour pumpkin mixture into a heat resistant bowl. Stir in vanilla. Chill 40 minutes or until cool.
BEAT remaining 3/4 cup whipping cream until soft peaks form; fold into pumpkin mixture. Pour pumpkin mixture into graham cracker crust.
CHILL 3 hours or until firm.
This recipe has been brought to you by SPLENDA®
All SPLENDA® recipes are developed, tested and - our favorite part - tasted by the SPLENDA® test kitchen team. Our complete team of cooking and baking experts, including nutritionists, chefs and food technologists work together to make sure:
Every recipe tastes great.
Every recipe works - every time.
Every recipe is good for the whole family.
Every recipe is documented with complete nutritional information.