Orange roughy is simmered with a mixture of Mediterranean herbs, and served with black olives and crumbled feta cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes with liquid, chopped
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets orange roughy
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch dried thyme, crushed
- 1 pinch dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 pound crumbled feta cheese
Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir in green onions, and cook until tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
Mix white wine and tomatoes with the green onions, and bring to a boil. Place orange roughy fillets in the white wine mixture. Season with basil, pepper, thyme, and rosemary. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, until fish is easily flaked with a fork. Remove fish fillets from skillet.
Sprinkle fish fillets with black olives and feta cheese.