For a more Mexican taste, replace lemon juice with lime juice and serve with tortilla chips. A hit at all of my parties. Can make dip a day ahead then bake the day of. Super Easy!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, imitation crab, green onion, garlic, lemon juice, jalapeno and 1 cup shredded cheese. Transfer to an oven safe serving dish, or nice pie plate. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over the top.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges are boiling and cheese has melted in the center.