This has come to be my favorite winter comfort food. Ground beef, black olives, tomatoes, chili beans, noodles, and corn make for a great stew like meal. Serve with sour cream and tortilla chips! YUM!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, with liquid
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can tomatoes with juice, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream, for topping
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic until beef is evenly brown. Drain.
Mix the corn, olives, tomatoes, chili beans, and green onions into the skillet. Season with taco seasoning and salt. Cover, and cook 15 minutes.
Mix the egg noodles into the skillet. Cover, and continue cooking 12 minutes, or until egg noodles are tender. Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream.