Warm and comforting, this creamy casserole of egg noodles, cottage cheese and sour cream gets a dose of piquant flavoring from minced onion and garlic, Worcestershire sauce and a dash of red pepper sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/4 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
In a large pot with boiling salted water cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain.
In a large bowl mix together the cottage cheese, sour cream, minced onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper sauce, and salt. Stir in cooked egg noodles. Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly. Serve warm.