A simple stovetop meal prepared in under an hour. Jerk-seasoned chicken is pan-seared, then simmered, with tomatoes, capers, Lindsay® Spanish Olives Stuffed with Pimiento, and sweet, plump raisins for a unique olive 'salsa'.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican or Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies (mild or regular), undrained
- 3/4 cup Lindsay® Spanish Olives Stuffed with Pimiento, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup golden or dark raisins
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Optional Toppings: minced plum tomato, chopped fresh basil
Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add chicken; sprinkle half of the jerk seasoning over chicken. Cook 4 minutes. Turn; sprinkle remaining jerk seasoning over chicken. Continue to cook 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate; set aside.
Add onion, bell pepper and garlic to the skillet; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, olives, raisins, capers and Worcestershire sauce. Increase heat to medium-high and simmer 5 minutes. Return chicken to skillet, turning to coat. Continue cooking until chicken is fully cooked, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to serving plates; top with olive mixture and serve with desired toppings. Makes 4 servings.