Rich chocolate and peanut butter bars.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1/3 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter flavored shortening
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan.
To make base, cream 1/3 cup butter flavored shortening and 1/2 cup peanut butter in large bowl at medium speed in an electric mixer. Blend in brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time until creamy.
Combine all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Set aside. Combine 1/4 cup milk and 1 tsp. vanilla in measuring cup. Add dry ingredients and milk alternately to creamed mixture. Mix at low speed. Scrape the sides of the bowl frequently and beat until blended.
Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool.
For Frosting: Cream 1/4 cup butter flavored shortening and 2/3 cup peanut butter in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer. Add 4 cups of confectioners' sugar and 1/2 cup milk. Beat until fluffy. Spread on cooled cookie base. For drizzle melt chocolate pieces on very low heat in small saucepan. Drizzle chocolate from end of spoon back and forth over frosting. Cut into 2 inch squares. Refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes until chocolate is firm.