This is the only way my family will eat lentils. It is fast, healthy, inexpensive and tastes good!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped green olives
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
Place lentils in a large pot with enough water to cover be a few inches. Bring to a boil, and cook until lentils are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water in a colander to cool. Let stand for a few minutes to drain well.
In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice. Add the red pepper, onion and green olives, and toss to blend. Refrigerate for about 2 hours before serving to blend the flavors. This salad tastes better the longer it sits.