These are the best oatmeal cookies I've ever had! Very buttery and very hearty. Any dried fruit works well such as cherries, raisins, cranberries, blueberries, or chopped apricots. For a really decadent treat, use chocolate chips and nuts instead of fruit
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries, or other dried fruit
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, stir in the quick oats and dried fruit. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the unprepared cookie sheet.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.