Oatmeal Fruit Cookie Mix in a jar. The layers of different ingredients make a very attractive and once baked very tasty gift. If you can't locate dried cherries you can substitute dried cranberries or chopped dried apricots.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together.
Starting with the brown sugar layer the ingredients in a 1 liter sized glass jar in the order given. Ending with the flour mixture.
Attach a card with the following directions:
Oatmeal Fruit Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line one baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Empty the contents of the jar into a large bowl. Using a wooden spoon blend the mixture until well combined.
3. Using you hands work in 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Beat 1 egg with 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 cup milk. Still using your hands or a wooden spoon blend the egg mixture into the dough until well combined.
5. Drop teaspoon sized mounds 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 to 14 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Place cookies on a rack to finish cooling. Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.
More Tips for Cookie and Brownie Mix in a Jar