Beef brisket seasoned with dry onion soup, liquid smoke and garlic powder then baked slowly until tender.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 3 pounds beef brisket
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 3/4 fluid ounces liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
Coat the inside of an oven roasting bag with flour. Place brisket inside of bag. Pour liquid smoke over the brisket and sprinkle on garlic powder, dry onion soup mix, and ground black pepper. Seal bag. Using a fork, make two sets of holes in the top of the roasting bag.
Lay bag in a broiling pan. Bake in a preheated oven for 6 to 8 hours.