You don't need chocolate for these sundaes! After trying a homemade hot fruit sauce over ice cream, you'll never go back to the same old fudge again.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (20 ounce) can DOLE® Pineapple Chunks, drained, juice reserved
- 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice or cinnamon
- 10 bamboo skewers*
- 20 medium DOLE Strawberries
- 3 DOLE Bananas, cut in 1-inch rounds
- 2 DOLE Mangos, cut in 2-inch pieces
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Heat grill to medium.
Combine orange juice, pineapple juice, lemon juice, honey, allspice and cornstarch in small saucepan. Over medium heat, stirring occasionally, bring to a boil and cook until thickened. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
Thread pineapple, banana, strawberry and mango on wooden skewers. Repeat so there are 2 pieces of each fruit on each skewer. Repeat for remaining skewers.
Grill kabobs 3 to 5 minutes per side until fruit starts to brown. Generously brush fruit with sauce while grilling.
Serve skewer alone or with vanilla ice cream. Pour remaining sauce over fruit and ice cream to taste.
* Soak bamboo skewers in water at least one-half hour prior to using so they do not burn during grilling