Canned beef tamales and cooked chicken are combined in this easy, hearty, Southwestern themed casserole.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3 slices bacon
- 16 canned beef tamales, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup stuffed green olives
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
In a skillet over medium heat, fry the bacon until evenly brown and crisp. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 4 quart casserole dish.
In a large bowl, mix the tamales, chicken, corn, tomatoes, raisins, and olives. Season with chili powder and salt. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish. Dot with butter. In a separate bowl, mix the chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the casserole.
Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Top with Cheddar cheese, and continue baking 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.