A bed of rice, okra and cream of mushroom soup makes a flavorful nest for baked chicken.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen okra, thawed and sliced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a 9x13 inch baking dish combine the soup, water, rice, okra, paprika and ground black pepper. Place the chicken on top of the rice mixture. Sprinkle with additional paprika and ground black pepper.
Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. (For creamier rice, increase the water amount to 1 1/3 cups).