Enjoy this one-pot shrimp fest for easy, summertime entertaining! Shrimp, smoked sausage, potatoes, corn and onions are perfectly seasoned with Old Bay®.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/2 cup Old Bay® Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 quarts water
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can beer (optional)
- 8 red potatoes, quartered
- 2 large sweet onions, cut in wedges
- 2 pounds lean smoked sausage, cut in 2-inch lengths
- 8 ears fresh corn, broken in half
- 4 pounds large shrimp in shells
In an 8-quart pot, bring Old Bay, salt, water and beer to a boil. Add potatoes and onions; cook over high heat for 8 minutes.
Add smoked sausage to potatoes and onions; continue to cook on high for 5 minutes. Add corn to pot; continue to boil for 7 minutes. Add shrimp in shells, cook for 4 minutes.
Drain cooking liquid. Pour contents of pot into several large bowls, shallow pails or mound on a paper-covered picnic table. Sprinkle with additional Old Bay if desired.