This pie is wonderful, comforting and smells great as it bakes! It's so easy to make with the help of canned potato soup and vegetables!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 pounds cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt to taste
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.) Roll one ball out to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place bottom crust in pie plate. Roll out top crust and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine chicken, vegetables, potato soup and milk. Season with pepper, thyme, parsley and salt to taste. Pour filling into pie shell. Cover with top crust. Seal edges and cut several slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.