This easy pie looks like pumpkin but tastes like apple. This pie has a "secret" ingredient! If you'd like a little more punch to your pie, add two tablespoons of cocoa or chopped nuts.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, butter, vinegar and vanilla extract. Stir wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Pour entire mixture into the pie shell.
Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 50 minutes or until firm. Cool on a rack.