The sausage, olives, corn, stewed tomatoes, mushrooms and cheese enhance and complement each other very well in this hearty casserole. The rice completes this meal that can be enjoyed at picnics or potlucks.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 pound hot sausage, fried and drained
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 cup chopped stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cubed Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked white rice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a 2 quart casserole dish, combine the sausage, black olives, green olives, corn, tomatoes, mushrooms, cheese and rice. Mix all together well.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.