Chicken, Italian sausage and shrimp simmered with rice, peas, garlic and picante sauce for that jambalaya bite.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound chopped chicken breast meat
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup instant white rice
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken, sausage and garlic and saute until browned. Drain fat.
Stir in soup and sauce and heat to a boil. Finally, stir in rice, shrimp and peas. Cover skillet and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.