This is a unique open-face burger topped with Swiss cheese, sauteed onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, and sour cream. Great with French fries.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound frozen hamburger patties
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 slices sandwich bread, toasted
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- sour cream
Place hamburger patties in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook, turning, until cooked through.
In a separate skillet, cook onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms, stirring until tender.
Place 1 slice of Swiss cheese on top of each hamburger patty. Place hamburgers on top of bread. Top burgers with vegetables, then add a dollop of sour cream.