A tasty summer salad made with fresh oranges, red onions, glazed walnuts, and Gorgonzola cheese, then topped with a homemade citrus vinaigrette! Easy and delicious!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3/4 cup walnut halves
- 10 ounces mixed salad greens with arugula
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
Place the walnuts in a skillet over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until lightly browned.
In a large bowl, toss the toasted walnuts, salad greens, oranges, and red onion.
In a large jar with a lid, mix the olive oil, vegetable oil, orange juice, sugar, vinegar, mustard, oregano, and pepper. Seal jar, and shake to mix.
Divide the salad greens mixture into individual servings. To serve, sprinkle with Gorgonzola cheese, and drizzle with the dressing mixture.