Old-fashioned gelatin mold with orange gelatin, grated carrots, and crushed pineapple, made creamy by cream cheese and mayonnaise whisked in. Delicious!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (6 ounce) package orange flavored gelatin mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) package Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 cup fruit cocktail, drained
In a large bowl, stir together the orange gelatin and boiling water until the gelatin is dissolved. Whisk in the Neufchatel cheese and mayonnaise until well blended. The gelatin should be slightly thickened and cooled.
Stir in the carrot, pineapple, and fruit cocktail. Pour into a greased gelatin mold, or serving bowl. Cover, and refrigerate until solid, about 4 hours. To unmold, dip the mold into a large bowl of warm water for a couple of minutes to loosen. Then, invert onto a plate to serve.