Chicken morsels are treated to a quick stir fry in a light, delectable orange-soy sauce and served over crispy chow mein noodles.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup bean sprouts (optional)
- 1 (6 ounce) package crispy chow mein noodles
In a small bowl combine the orange juice, orange zest, soy sauce, salt, garlic and brown sugar. Mix well.
Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. When oil begins to bubble, add chicken. Saute until cooked through (no longer pink inside), about 7 to 10 minutes.
Add orange sauce mixture to chicken and cook until sauce begins to bubble. Add flour, a little bit at a time, until sauce has thickened to your liking. Add bean sprouts and cook for 1 minute; serve hot over chow mein noodles.