Orange juice concentrate and vanilla ice cream are beaten into half-and-half, flavored with a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg, and spooned into a home-made graham cracker crust. Freeze and garnish it with whipped cream and orange sections.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 2/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter or margarine, and 3 tablespoons white sugar. Mix well. Press into a 9 inch pie plate. Place in freezer.
Beat together half and half and 1/2 cup white sugar for about 2 minutes. Add undiluted orange juice concentrate, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat for 1 minute. Add ice cream, and beat an additional 2 minutes. Pour filling into prepared pie crust.
Freeze for several hours or overnight. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream and orange sections if desired.