Fruity and refreshing, these parfaits will be requested over and over again!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup orange-flavored liqueur or orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments in light syrup, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
In a small saucepan, gently heat cranberry sauce, orange liqueur, and orange peel until cranberry sauce is melted. Let cool.
Spoon ice cream in six parfait or dessert glasses to make first layer. Add Mandarin orange segments, dividing equally. Add another layer of ice cream, then spoon on cranberry sauce, dividing equally. Finish with another layer of ice cream. Sprinkle with nuts.