Creamy orange flavored cake. This is an excellent summer cake!
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package orange cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange flavored gelatin mix
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
Mix orange cake mix and bake in a 9x13 inch cake pan according to package directions. Let cake cool and poke holes in cake 1 inch apart with a fork.
Mix the gelatin with the hot water and then add the cold water. Pour evenly over the cooled cake.
Combine the whipped topping, instant vanilla pudding, milk, vanilla and orange extracts. Beat until thoroughly mixed and thickened. Spread evenly over the cake. Refrigerate cake for 1 hour before serving.