Orange and vanilla flavored cookies that make a wonderful gift.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1/2 cup orange-flavored drink mix (e.g. Tang)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla baking chips
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Combine the flour with the baking soda and baking powder.
Starting with the Tang, then sugar, vanilla chips and ending with the flour mixture. Layer the ingredients in a clean glass wide mouth quart sized jar. Press each layer firmly in place before adding the next ingredient.
Attach a recipe card with the following instructions to the jar.
Orange Cream Cookies
Yield 2 1/2 dozen
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Empty contents into a large mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 egg slightly beaten and teaspoon vanilla extract. Mix until completely blended.
3. Roll heaping tablespoonfuls into balls. Place 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
4. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 12 to 14 minutes or until tops are very lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes on the sheet then remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
More Tips for Cookie and Brownie Mix in a Jar