A little curry powder and orange zest bring a lot of excitement to this chicken and rice dish!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 whole boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
Place rice and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Mix in margarine and parsley. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, and stir in the onion and chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Mix curry powder, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/2 cup water into the skillet with the chicken. Reduce heat, and simmer about 5 minutes. Stir in the orange zest. Continue cooking until most of the water has been reduced. Mix in the rice to serve.