This is an orange flavored gingerbread for the bread machine that is especially good with chocolate syrup or hazelnut spread.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Place ingredients into the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select the Dough cycle, and press Start.
When the machine signals the end of the cycle, remove the dough. Roll into a loaf, and place in a 9x5 inch bread pan. Set aside to rise until doubled, or until your finger leaves a dent when the dough is pressed lightly.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake the bread for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a rich golden brown.