Chicken is topped with a delicious and colorful orange juice and mango sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 mango - peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Place chicken breast halves in the skillet, and cook 5 to 10 minutes on each side, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Season both sides with thyme, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat, and set aside.
Heat the lemon juice in the skillet over medium heat, and scrape up browned bits. Mix in orange juice, mango, ginger, and cinnamon. Over high heat, cook and continuously stir 4 to 5 minutes, until thickened. Spoon over the cooked chicken breast halves to serve.