My mom gave me this recipe and it is very easy to prepare. The citrus sauce makes it a refreshing and flavorful dish. Buy 1/2 inch thick orange roughy filets.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound orange roughy fillets
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
Soak fish in milk 10 minutes. Remove, sprinkle with salt and dredge in flour.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook fish until it is golden on one side, about 3 minutes. Cook second side until golden and cooked through, about 3 to 4 more minutes. Remove fish to a serving platter.
Wipe frying pan clean. Reduce heat to low, add remaining oil and cook garlic 30 seconds. Add lime juice, lemon juice, orange juice, parsley, and green onions. Add butter, swirl in skillet until just creamy. Pour sauce over fish and serve.