I have had this recipe for many years and it is a treat during the holidays.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1 (9 ounce) package condensed mincemeat
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and softened butter until light and fluffy. Add egg, milk, orange juice, and grated orange rind. Mix well. Stir in buttermilk baking mix and mincemeat until moist.
Fill greased muffin cups 3/4. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree F(190 degrees C) oven for 18 minutes. Remove immediately from muffin pan.