Orange cake with pineapple frosting - perfect for spring!
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
Combine cake mix, eggs, 1 package of pudding, vegetable oil, orange extract, and mandarin oranges and beat well for about 3 minutes.
Bake in 3 - 9 inch greased and floured round cake pans for 20-25 minutes in a pre-heated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven.
To Make Frosting: Fold pudding and pineapple into whipped topping and frost cake. Keep refrigerated.