A saucepan dish combining cream, soup and chicken with lots of Oriental veggies like bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, baby corn, mushrooms and broccoli. Serve over chow mein noodles or rice, if desired.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (16 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 pound cooked, cubed chicken breast meat
- 2 (8 ounce) cans water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 (5.5 ounce) can baby corn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, drained and cooked
Mix together soup and cream in a large saucepan over medium low heat. Stir in mushrooms and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes; add chicken, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and corn. Simmer all together for 10 minutes. Finally, stir in cooked broccoli and simmer for 5 minutes.