Fresh Parmesan cheese is melted over Italian-spiced orzo and vegetables.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups water
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in orzo and garlic, and saute until lightly browned. Place potatoes, carrot, and onion in the saucepan. Continue to cook and stir until tender. Season with dried Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Mix water into the saucepan. Stir in vegetable bouillon until dissolved. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes, or until orzo is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Top with Parmesan cheese to serve.