Raspberry gelatin is folded into a yummy concoction of Cherry pie filling, crushed pineapple and sliced bananas. This fruity filling is then spooned into a baked pastry shell and chilled until ready to serve. Makes two out-of-this-world pies.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 (9 inch) pie shells, baked
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 teaspoon red food color
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry flavored gelatin mix
- 6 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
In a large saucepan, combine pie filling, pineapple with juice, food color, sugar, and cornstarch. Cook over low heat until thick, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in gelatin.
Allow mixture to cool, then stir in banana slices. Pour half of mixture into each pastry shell. Top with whipped topping if desired.