A sixteen-serving batch of Creole classic! Chicken, ham, shrimp, and andouille sausage are combined with onion celery, green pepper and garlic. Tomatoes, chicken stock and rice are stirred in, and the whole thing is baked in a large roasting pan.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons Creole Seasoning Blend
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups chopped cooked ham
- 3 cups cooked andouille sausage, sliced
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups frozen cooked shrimp
- 4 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Melt butter in large stock pot. Saute onion, green pepper, celery and garlic until tender, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add tomato paste and cook to brown slightly, stirring constantly. Stir in Creole seasoning blend and Worcestershire sauce. Pour into a large roasting pan. Squeeze tomatoes to break up into pieces, and add to mixture in pan. Stir in juice from tomatoes, chicken stock, ham, sausage, chicken, shrimp and rice. Mix well. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
Bake in preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours, stirring once halfway through baking time.