This easy recipe offers a wealth of nutritional goodies, so give it a try.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed very dry
- 1/4 cup fat-free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 1 pint shelled oysters, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small skillet, saute garlic in oil until soft; add spinach, cream cheese and half and half. Saute, stirring, until blended, about 5 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Spread spinach mixture over bottom of 10-inch pie plate or oven-proof dish. Top with oysters; sprinkle on cheese and hot sauce. Bake for 15 minutes. If needed, briefly broil to brown.