Coleslaw with an inviting new twist of feta cheese and green onions - sure to become a new favorite! One large head of green cabbage may be used in place of the packaged slaw.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 (8.5 ounce) packages angel hair cole slaw mix
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Toss cabbage and chopped green onions together in a large bowl; set aside.
In a separate bowl, slowly whisk oil into vinegar. Add water, garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning, and whisk until well-blended. Toss cabbage with dressing and feta cheese. Cover, and refrigerate 15 minutes or longer to allow flavors to develop. Serve chilled.
One large head of green cabbage may be used in place of the packaged slaw.