This is a really tasty snack we usually have in our country, with tea, on a rainy day.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup chickpea flour (besan)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch ground turmeric
- 2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
In a medium bowl, mix together the besan, water, salt, chili powder, turmeric, cumin, coriander seeds, onion, and jalapeno pepper until it forms a smooth mixture with no flour lumps.
Heat the oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is sizzling hot, drop dough by tablespoonfuls, and fry until golden brown on each side. Drain on paper towels, and serve hot with ketchup or chili sauce for dipping.
We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.