This tangy entree is ideal for a quick and healthy springtime dinner. High in omega-3 fatty acids and monounsaturated fats, it is also a great source of protein.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon steaks
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
In medium saucepan, combine peaches, pineapple with juice, sugar, cornstarch and ginger; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir 1 minute or until mixture thickens. Stir in lemon juice; set aside.
Meanwhile, grill salmon over medium-hot coals (or broil on rack of broiler pan 3 to 4 inches from heat) 7 to 11 minutes or until fish is cooked to desired doneness, turning once.
Serve salmon with sauce and sprinkle with almonds, if desired.