A honey-based sauce tempers the heat of curry powder used on the pork chops. Serve with an Asian-inspired salad to round out the meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (20 ounce) can DOLE® Pineapple Chunks
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 pork chops
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Drain pineapple chunks; reserve 1/2 cup juice.
Stir together flour, curry powder and salt in small bowl. Rub onto pork chops. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chops on both sides. Add pineapple chunks.
Stir together reserved pineapple juice, honey, allspice and cinnamon in small bowl. Add to pork, cover and cook over low heat 30 minutes or until cooked through.
Place chops on serving dish. Spoon sauce over top and sprinkle with cilantro.