Toasted bread and colorful fresh veggies are tossed with a light dressing in this Italian salad. Of course, you can add or take away ingredients to your liking!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 5 cups chopped tomato
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups cubed French bread
In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, green onion, yellow pepper, parsley, and basil.
In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt, ground black pepper, and garlic. Pour lemon juice mixture over the tomato mixture, and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes, or until toasted and dry.
Toss bread cubes with tomato mixture, and serve.