Chicken and rice take their time in the crock pot, cooking all day with an easy creamy onion-mushroom sauce and a sprinkling of Parmesan.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup converted long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Mix together onion soup mix, milk, cream of mushroom soup, and rice in a medium bowl.
Lay chicken breasts in the bottom of a lightly greased slow cooker. Place one tablespoon margarine on each chicken breast and pour soup mixture over all. Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours, or on High for 4 to 6 hours.