If you are tired of the same old potato or macaroni salad and want raves, try this at your next picnic or pot luck! This recipe can be easily adapted depending on the veggies and dressing you use. Salad can be made the night before; however, add dressing
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 3 (6 ounce) packages garlic and herb couscous mix (or any flavor you prefer)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 (5 ounce) jar pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1 cup mixed bell peppers (green, red, yellow, orange), diced
- 1 cucumber, sliced and then halved
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek vinaigrette salad dressing
Cook couscous according to package directions. Transfer to a large serving bowl to cool. Stir to break up clusters of couscous.
When the couscous has cooled to room temperature, mix in tomatoes, olives, bell peppers, cucumber, parsley, and feta. Gradually stir vinaigrette into couscous until you arrive at desired moistness.