In this Filipino dish, rice noodles are tossed with lots of goodies including shrimp, sausage, chicken, chile peppers, mushrooms, bean sprouts and snow peas. You can substitute white wine for the sake, and add a splash of rice vinegar, if desired.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 hot chile peppers, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup peeled, chopped shrimp
- 3 links spicy pork sausage, sliced
- 1/2 cup sake
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) package rice noodles
- 1/2 pound fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 pound snow peas
In a large Dutch oven or wok, heat oil and stir-fry garlic, ginger, green onions, chile peppers, mushrooms, chicken, shrimp and sausage until shrimp is pink and sausage is slightly browned. Stir in the sake and soy sauce and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Cover and set aside.
In a large saucepan, bring chicken broth to a rolling boil. Add noodles and cook over high heat for 2 minutes. Drain immediately and rinse with cold water.
Place the shrimp mixture over medium heat and add the bean sprouts; saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the snow peas and saute 2 minutes. Stir in cooked noodles and toss until well mixed. Serve immediately.