Vermicelli, angel hair or any thin spaghetti type noodle, baked with lots of melted Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 pound dry vermicelli pasta
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced pepperoni sausage
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Break or cut vermicelli pasta into 2 inch pieces and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Spread pasta in a 9x13 inch baking dish that has been greased with vegetable spray or butter. In a bowl combine milk, eggs, garlic salt, parsley, pepper and 1 cup of the mozzarella. Pour over the pasta and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 Degrees F. Pour spaghetti sauce over pasta, top with pepperoni and remaining mozzarella. Cook until cheese is completely melted; about 10 minutes.