This creamy traditional Russian Easter dish is like cheesecake without the crust, and may be enjoyed anytime!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup currants
In a medium bowl, thoroughly blend cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream and butter.
Gradually fold in sugar, lemon extract, vanilla extract, almonds and currants.
Transfer the mixture to a shallow medium dish. Cover with a cloth, and chill in the refrigerator 8 hours, or overnight.